The main outputs of Fabrication manager are Gerber, NC Drill, PCB
Assembly Outputs and Bare Board Test Data required for photoplotting.
Gerber is the accepted standard format used as input to photoplotters
that generate the design data on films. These films are used as masters
for manufacturing the PCB, the physical realization of the schematic
data. The Gerber output of the layout design is converted to an Artwork
file to view in EDWin.
The major tasks done with Fabrication Manager is as follows.
- Optional creation of Copper Planes and Copper Pour Areas
- Adding dimensions and notes
- Printing layout documentation drawings
- Extracting NC-drill data to disk files or paper tape
- Editing, dimensioning and printing of drill templates
- Editing and printing of layer artworks
- Generation of artwork data files in Gerber ASCII format
- Preview of artworks in Gerber ASCII files
- Generation of disk files containing generic data for Pick &
- Generation of disk files containing bill of materials
What's new - Fabrication Manager
- PCB Assembly output (formerly referred as Generic
Pick &Place) has been enhanced by IPC-D-355
- Bare Board Testing output both Generic
and in IPC-D-356A format has been
- Enhanced Gerber viewer allows to preprocess several files in one
session and provides option for superimposed view of multiple
- Gerber output generation using embedded aperture macros and
special (shapes) apertures.